As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I will soon be back-to-the-books next Monday to begin my journey in grad school. I felt inspired to put together my dream home office with some of my current favorite trends.
- Blue hues – This Benjamin Moore “Regal Harbor Haze” paint color gives me life. I think an office space should set a very soothing and relaxing tone. After all, that’s likely where you are using your creative mind and working hard on projects and deadlines.
- Brass – Right now I am loving any and all things brass. To me, there’s just something sexy and sophisticated about gold tones.
- Dalmatian print – Yes, yes and YES! Cheetah print move over, your long-legged, slightly awkward and adorable friend Dalmatian is taking over! Dalmatian print probably trumps the traditional zebra or cheetah print for me. I just love the simplicity of it and the black and white colors are so easy to work with. I love the idea of dalmatian wallpaper but for a less permanent look, try a mouse pad or picture frame with that print.
- Abstract paintings – Beautiful, simple, and apparently, very easy to do on your own. I will be trying a DIY abstract painting this fall – stay tuned!
- Faux sheep skin throw – Drape this furry throw over your desk chair for chic and comfortable seating.
- Cork board – The cork board grid pictured above is actually an awesome IKEA hack using 12 small cork mats and white trim. It’s an extensive project that requires a few tools and a lot of effort but I love the idea. The grids dress up the cork while adding organization. IKEA Placemats to Framed Cork Board
- Snake plant – Add some life and color to your office space with this adorable and easy-to-care-for plant. I have been obsessed with the fiddle leaf fig for quite some time now but this may just be my new favorite!