Hey, y’all! As some of you may know, I’m infatuated with beauty products and love reading reviews online to find the best items/brands – it’s a guilty pleasure of mine. If I like a product that reaps great results, I’ll usually stick to it for a while but sometimes I feel like I bounce from product to product too quickly before letting it work its magic.
My most recent skincare regimen has done wonderful things for my skin’s health and overall complexion. It’s the bees knees and I want you all to experience the results!
My morning and night routine are different because I am removing makeup and cleansing my pores at night while in the morning it’s just a matter of splashing my face with a dabble of cleanser and moisturizer. I think nighttime skincare is the most important. While our bodies need at least 8 hours of sleep, our skin needs to be restored and replenished, too!
I will list my nightly skincare routine and, in my opinion, some of the best products I’ve used thus far.
So let me break it down for ya…
- I use the Phisoderm cleanser morning AND night. It is pH balanced and contains 2% salicylic acid meant for oily and blemish-prone skin. At the age of 22, I feel like I am dealing with more skin issues than I did during my high school years. This inexpensive ($5) facial cleanser has helped tremendously to clear my skin and create a more even-toned complexion. It is a bit drying so make sure you have a good moisturizer handy!
- Josie Maran’s Argan Oil works wonders! I was scared to use this at first – adding oil to my already oily skin? No way. But I bit the bullet and tried it upon several recommendations and great reviews. I love it. The oil is non-comedogenic so it won’t clog pores. It actually makes a lot of sense to moisturize with an oil because typically our skin over-produces oil because it thinks it needs it. The Argan Oil actually works to balance and hydrate the skin, therefore, less natural oil production. Voila! (I use the normal Argan Oil at night and the light Argan Oil during the day.)
- Sometimes after I cleanse my face at night I like to use my Clarisonic with warm water to exfoliate my skin. I think it helps to shed the dead skin and gives my face a nice clean feeling. I probably do this 1-2 times a week.
- For spot treatment, I love Kate Somerville’s EradiKate blemish banishing therapy. Much like the infamous Mario Badescu spot treatment, this formula contains the highest level of sulfur allowed to quickly calm acne flare-ups while also freeing skin of further bacteria build-up. I notice a huge difference in the size and redness of a blemish with just one, over-night use of this product.
- As mentioned in the pic above, this GlamGlow Super Mud is my holy grail item. I love to pamper myself often and this spa-worthy mask is the best at pampering! It’s like getting a pricey facial but sipping on wine and laying in the comfort of your own bed. You can literally see the mask working its magic as it pulls out excess oil and dirt from your pores! I use this stuff at least 3x a week! The container can last for a lot longer if used sparingly. There’s a reason this product has 70K loves and a 4.5 star rating on Sephora.com. Give this stuff a try!
- The majority of blackheads I have are on the bridge of my nose, the most common place for the unfortunate, stubborn, clogged pores. I have always gone back to the Bioré nose strips. These are a newer edition using charcoal to help eliminate blackheads. I only do this a couple times a month, if that.
I hope this was helpful for some of you! I know how frustrating it can be to find a skincare routine that works for you. Everyone’s skin is different and it really takes some research and unfortunately a little trial and error to find the best regimen. Please don’t hesitate to ask questions or comment on these posts – I’d love to hear your feedback!