My busy schedule last week didn’t allow time to post a Fresh Picks. I went to Mrytle Beach with some college girlfriends last weekend to celebrate the holiday weekend and am heading to Ocean City, MD this weekend to spend some time at the beach with my amazing family! I thought a Fresh Picks catered to a beach day outfit would be appropriate. See below some of my current favorite items this summer!
1. Chloe + Isabel Bora Bora convertible pendant necklace, $52 // This necklace features bright summery colors and looks stylish no matter how you wear it, one, two or all three necklaces. One of my favorite things about Chloe + Isabel jewelry – many things are super versatile! *DISCLAIMER* you will never see me wear jewelry like this to the beach for a couple of reasons. 1) I actually like to go in the ocean and get sandy, not just sit around and look pretty and 2) the beach really isn’t a place for nice jewelry as it will cause damage to the finish. Wearing jewelry would be more acceptable if you plan to go to Vegas or an elaborate pool party where you also plan to wear 5 inch wedges with your bathing suit. lol.
2. Custom black floppy hat, $14.99+ // Every girl needs a big floppy hat to take to the beach for sun protection and style! This hat can be customized with a name or monogram and the black band is removable for a more chic option to wear to dinner.
3. Mara Hoffman print underwire bikini // This is an older suit that I purchased a while ago. Limited sizes may be available on a different site. I absolutely love her bikinis! The link that’s embedded is a direct link to the Mara Hoffman website where you can shop all of her collections including: swimwear, active wear, tops, bottoms, evening, etc.
4. House of Fraser Lace and Tassel beach cover-up, $48 // The perfect white beach cover-u! Love the tassel and lace details.
5. Mar y Sol ‘Caracas’ tote, $115 // Loving anything and everything with pom-poms these days! An eco-friendly tote woven from responsibly sourced agave leaves offers a creative, handmade take on the classic beach bag. Not only is this bag stylish but it also gives back. The sale of Mar y Sol products enables families to gain economic independence, preserves traditional craft and promotes environmental conservation. Always love a fashion product that doubles as a way to promote charity. Win-win!
6. Control Corrective sunscreen SPF 30, $28 // Back story: Chrissy Teigen (my spirit animal) has mentioned how much she loves her esthetician, Shani Darden, and her amazing products. A few months ago I purchased a few items on her site, this sunscreen being one of them. As I’ve gotten older I have realized just how important sun protection is, especially on my face. I hardly ever like to layout in the sun for long periods of time anymore. I’d much rather throw on my over-sized hat and wear self-tanner than to have sunspots and wrinkles at a young age. I have to say this sunscreen trumps any other facial sunscreen including the beloved Neutrogena “Faces Only.” I have pretty sensitive skin and this oil-free sunscreen works great, feels clean and has never made me breakout. Holy grail item!
7. Chloe + Isabel Bora Bora open cuff bracelet, $42 // Currently wearing this beauty right now. This bracelet is also from the Bora Bora collection. I am just so obsessed with this collection and the beautiful colors it boasts.
8. Tory Burch Moore flat thong sandal, $195 // Made of tumbled leather with a graphic laser-cut double-T logo, this refined style offers comfort, versatility and a pared-down silhouette that’s an easy match to everything in your warm-weather wardrobe.
9. Oakley Polarized ‘Feedback,’ $210 // OBSESSED. My boyfriend bought these for me as an early anniversary present. I wanted a pair of mirrored glasses or “flash” sunglasses as some people call them and these are absolutely perfect. I went into the store with 100% intention of buying the ever-so-popular Ray Ban’s but hated the quality. These are so comfortable and are polarized making it easier to see on the bright sandy beach.
I feel like summer is flying by 😦 Hope y’all are enjoying it while you can!