Summertime is finally here and to celebrate my favorite time of the year I’ve made a new category for my blog called “Fresh Picks.” This will be a weekly post featuring some of my new favorite products, clothes, accessories, decor, etc. I’m always one to try new things but I definitely have a few “holy grail” products I cannot live without. I’ll share a mix of products I use routinely and new items that are on-trend and come highly recommended. Take a look below at a few of my favorites from this week!
1. NYX Butter Gloss in the shade “Peaches n’ Cream” $4.99 – I don’t usually venture too far from my comfort zone in the lip color department so I love this lighter coral/peach color to complete a soft summery look. I’m a huge fan of the NYX Butter Gloss because it gives the same effect as a standard lip gloss but doesn’t leave that sticky, tacky residue that my hair inevitably ends up in. Plus, it’s super affordable at a minimal $4.99.
2. Warby Parker sunglasses, “Reilly” $95. A girl I used to work with at Nordstrom highly recommended I try out Warby Parker sunglasses. She was probably one of the most stylish girls I’ve ever met so obviously I took her advice and SO glad that I did. A brand that is trendy but leaves money in your pocket. The best part is that they allow certain styles to be tried on at home before you buy! This new company has one of the best reputations in the eye-wear industry. Not only are they inexpensive, convenient and fashion-forward but part of the proceeds are donated to their nonprofit partners monthly with their “Buy a Pair, Give a Pair” campaign. A+ Warby Parker!
3. Chloe + Isabel statement necklace, “Lunette” $128. Okay so obviously the piece of jewelry I’m currently obsessing over is Chloe + Isabel because I sell it and am a true advocate for ALL of their quality jewelry. But seriously how cute is this necklace?? I like simple and chic so this necklace really hit the nail on the head. It makes a statement without being too flashy or bright and you can wear it with anything from a dressy maxi to a cotton t-shirt. Must have!
4. KIINI Swimwear, $120-$165. New swimwear designer, Ipek Irgit takes a creative approach to the design of bikinis. Kiini swimsuits are made to fit perfectly. All swimsuits are individually handcrafted with the respect for artisans in mind. These bohemian-esque suits are modern yet chic and perfect for a fun, vibrant summer on the beach.
5. Street Level Reversible Tote, $48. Quality, convenience and savvy, this vegan leather tote and matching wristlet comes in many colors and is perfect for a summer on-the-go. The material is super soft and lightweight and folds easily if you do a lot of traveling. I ride a commuter bus to work everyday and am able to stuff a lot of things inside yet still manage to shove it away in my desk drawer. The reversibility of this bag changes the look completely and lets you wear it with every outfit. I have this bag in Cognac/Aqua and am considering buying another!
6. Aveda Sun Care for hair, $28. I love to spend my spare time outdoors whenever I have the chance. Not to mention, in the pool! Aveda sun care is a lightweight, water-resistant UV defense mist that forms an invisible screen to help protect hair from sun exposure for up to 16 hours and minimizes damage and dryness. It also aids as a detangler and smells absolutely amazing! Contains natural oils, UVA/UVB protection and vitamin E – this hair mist has it all-in-one.
7. Urban Outfitter’s Citron Glace perfume, $18. My go-to fragrance for the summer! This citrus fragrance pairs the perfect amount of fresh and spice for a delicate and refreshing scent. Tips: Keep it subtle and natural by spraying the perfume on a scarf or bandana before heading out for the day. Or spray a little in your hair, an option for people with more sensitive skin.
8. Stila eye shadow in “Kitten,” $18. I recently purchased a promotional combo pack of Baublebar & Stila from Nordstrom Rack. This amazing shimmery shadow came in the set and it has become a “holy grail” item for me. Apply to your inner-most eyelid, at the arch of your brow and on your cheekbones for a summery-glow. Requires little effort and really brightens up your complexion!
Thanks for reading! Hopefully I’ve given you all some inspiration to try new products and see that not everything fashion-forward and high-end has to come with a high-end price tag! If have you have any suggestions of products or brands that you love, I’d love to hear about them. I’m always interested in trying new things!